Adding a MySQL VPS
- Navigate to the VPS page. Scroll down to the Looking for MySQL VPS? section at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Start My Free Trial button.
- Once added, it may take a few hours to provision the new server.
- When you sign up for a MySQL VPS, all your databases are moved to it at midnight Pacific time. (The panel shows it as a merge.)
- No SSH access is available.
- The free trial expires in one week.
After it’s provisioned, you can manage it on your VPS dashboard page.
Deleting a MySQL VPS
If you have a MySQL VPS with 3GB or more of data and no Dedicated server, you cannot use the Delete button in the panel to delete your MySQL VPS. You must decrease the size to less than 3GB for each MySQL VPS database in order to delete it.
If you no longer need your private database server, you can delete it in your panel.
- Navigate to the Dashboard page.
- You will see your server listed as psmysqlXXXXX.
- To the right, click the Delete button.
- You are asked to confirm that you want your database data migrated to a Shared MySQL server.
- Click the button Move everything on psmysqlXXXXX back to shared and then destroy psmysqlXXXXX.
- Your data will then be migrated to the Shared server within 24hrs.