There are two ways to find the username of an image.
- In the DreamCompute dashboard
- In the Cloud Control Panel
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'Cloud Services' > 'DreamCompute') page.
- Click the 'View Dashboard' button.
- On the left, click 'Compute'.
- From the dropdown click 'Instances'. Your instance and its details are displayed.
- Under the column titled 'Instance Name', click on the name of your instance.
- For ephemeral instances — Look under the “Custom Properties” section for “default_user”
- Next you have to scroll to the 'Volume Source' section and click on the image.
- From here you can look under the 'Custom Properties' section for “default_user”.
Instances created before October 5th, 2016 will continue to have “dhc-user” as the default user, except for CoreOS, which will have “core” as the default user.
- Ubuntu: ubuntu
- Fedora: fedora
- Debian: debian
- CentOS: centos
- CoreOS: core