There are two ways to find the username of an image.
- In the DreamCompute dashboard
- In the Cloud Control Panel
- Navigate to the DreamCompute page.
- Click the 'View Dashboard' button.
- On the left, click 'Compute'.
- From the dropdown click 'Instances'. Your instance and its details are displayed.
- Under the column titled Instance Name, click on the name of your instance.
The next steps depend on if your instance uses an ephemeral or volume boot disk. For more information about that difference, see the following article:
For ephemeral instances
- Scroll down to the Metadata section.
- Click the Image Name link.
- Look under the “Custom Properties” section for “default_user”
For volume boot disk instances
- Scroll down to the 'Volumes Attached' section.
- Click on the boot volume (usually identified as "on /dev/vda").
- Next you have to scroll to the 'Volume Source' section and click on the image.
- From here you can look under the 'Custom Properties' section for “default_user”.
- Ubuntu: ubuntu
- Fedora: fedora
- Debian: debian
- CentOS: centos
- CoreOS: core