On August 15, 2018, DreamHost launched its new rewards program, Refer & Earn. Formerly called the Affiliates program, Refer & Earn now includes an enhanced referral program, simpler navigation through the panel, and powerful tools to help you track your rewards.
The following describes each of sections on the Refer & Earn program in the DreamHost web panel and how to use them.
Opening the Refer & Earn panel page
Navigate to https://panel.dreamhost.com/:
- The Refer & Earn Dashboard page opens:
The top of the Refer & Earn page provides an overview of the program as well as quick links to various sections on this page.
Using a Refer & Earn linking option
There are three linking options you can use to earn rewards.
Use this link to send your visitors to the DreamHost home page.
Use these links to to send visitors to DreamHost product-specific pages.
Use this link to offer your visitors a $50 discount on shared hosing and earn $50 for yourself.
This table describes how much of a reward you'll earn for each of DreamHost's products.
Graphics and Questions
- Graphics — Downloads a .zip file that contains banners and logos that you can link to DreamHost from your website.
- Questions — Opens an email form to email@example.com where you can email a question to the team.
There are several ways to view your rewards activity, which are described below.
Viewing a Summary
- Referral Activity Summary — Shows you a tracking data summary for links on your site.
- Rewards Earnings Summary — Shows you how much rewards you've earned, cashed out, applied to hosting, and a remaining balance.
- When you click the 'View Full Rewards History' link, the following page opens showing you a complete history of your DreamHost rewards:
You can either enable or disable email notifications whenever you get a new referral by clicking the Turn On/Off Email Notifications button:
- The following alert appears at the top of the panel page when you enable email notifications:
You can make further adjustments to how you get paid and what tax information to use for rewards.
You can use a PayPal account to receive DreamHost reward payments. Enter your PayPal email address and click the Update Cash Out Settings button to enable this feature.
Cash outs are sent via PayPal by the 10th of the month, or the first business day after (if the 10th falls on a weekend).
DreamHost is required to report to the IRS any earnings over $600 within a calendar year on an account. Use this page to enter Tax ID# or SSN, Address, City/State/Zip/ and Country. Click the Update Tax Information button when finished.