If you already have an existing DreamPress or WordPress site created with the One-Click Installer, you are also able to import content into your DreamPress site.
- After you create your DreamPress installation, you’ll see an Import button on the DreamPress page:
- Click the Import button beneath the site into which you wish to import content.
- A window pops up allowing you to select a site from which to import your content:
- Choose the site you'd like to import data from in the dropdown menu.
- Click the Start Import button to begin the import process.
This creates a clone/copy of the One-Click and changes the domain name. This is ideal for testing DreamPress, testing new plugins or themes, and so on, since it leaves the original site intact. It's also good for splitting out a single WordPress installation from a domain that has multiple apps. For example, you can turn example.com/blog into blog.example.com.
If you're importing your WordPress install from a different domain name, the migrator will attempt to replace the domain/URLs. If it fails to do so, the email following the import will indicate that. In any case, you should always double check if this data is correct after the import has completed.
If you wish to migrate a different domain's WordPress content to a domain that you want on DreamPress, then you should add the domain first to DreamPress and then use the Import feature.