Accessing your database user information
On the MySQL Databases page, click the username to the right of the database to view its settings.
Clicking the Delete button removes this MySQL user's access to the database listed at the top of the page. When a MySQL user is deleted from all databases, the MySQL user ceases to exist and is considered fully deleted.
Managing MySQL users, allowable hosts, and privileges
The MySQL User page appears.
What may <USERNAME> do to tables in these databases?
This section allows adding or removing specific privileges of the MySQL user, affecting its access to read, write or change data, as well as administrate the database contents.
- Select — Grants the ability to read rows from tables.
- Insert — Grants the ability to add new rows to tables.
- Update — Grants the ability to modify existing rows in tables.
- Delete — Grants the ability to remove rows in tables.
- Create — Grants the ability to create new tables. This does not allow the creation of new databases on the command line.
- Drop — Grants the ability to remove tables and views.
- Index — Grants the ability to add or remove indexes from existing tables.
- Alter — Grants the ability to change the structure of tables.
A list of hosts that are allowed to login to this MySQL user. For security reasons, the default is %.dreamhost.com which restricts connections from outside the DreamHost network, even is a correct username and password is provided. Additional IP addresses or wildcards can be added on new lines to allow access to an outside network. Modifying or removing %.dreamhost.com may result in MySQL inaccessibility for DreamHost hosted websites.
Click the Show button to be displayed the password for this MySQL user.
Enter a new password here to change the user's password. Please keep in mind that all sites using this MySQL user stops functioning within minutes, until all configuration files are updated to the new password.
New Password Again
Confirm the new password by entering it again here.
When all desired changes have been made, click Modify USERNAME now! to confirm.
Changes may take up to 5 minutes to take effect.
- MySQL overview
- phpMyAdmin overview
- How do I backup and restore my database?
- How do I connect to my database via SSH?
- How do I connect to my database using a third-party program?
- How do I connect to my database using SQLyog?
- Troubleshooting your MySQL database
- MySQL limitations due to shared hosting
- Finding your database login credentials