The following describes how to set up WebYog's free trial version of SQLyog to connect to your DreamHost MySQL database.
Connecting to your database using SQLyog
- Download and install SQLyog.
- The 'Connect to MySQL Host' dialog box appears when you open SQLyog:
- Click the New button.
- The 'New Connection' dialog box opens:
- Enter a name for the new connection and click the OK button. You can name it anything you wish.
- Enter the following information under the MySQL tab:
- MySQL Host Address — The MySQL host address can be found on the MySQL Databases page in your panel. For more information, see the Finding your database login credentials article.
- Username — The username for the database.
- Password — The password for the database.
- Enter the following information under the SSH tab:
SSH Host Address — The SSH host address can be found on the Manage Account page in your panel.
- Username — View the FTP overview and credentials article for instructions on locating your website's username.
- SSH Port — Enter '22' as the SSH Port value.
- Password — The password you entered when you set up the domain for the user. View the Change password article for instructions on how to update this.
- SSH Host Address — The SSH host address can be found on the Manage Account page in your panel.
- When finished, click the Test Connection button.
Once you're able to connect, click the Connect button to connect to your DreamHost MySQL database.
Other SQLyog tools
You can also try out the free version of the Navicat MySQL GUI.