You can create two different types of website users.
The above-mentioned types of users can log into a server to access website files, which is different than the username you use to log into a CMS site running software such as WordPress. If you need to reset the password for that type of user, view the following article instead.
The following describes how to change the password for SFTP/Shell file access using the SFTP Users & Files page.
Changing your website user's password
To change your user's password in the panel:
- Navigate to the SFTP Users & Files page.
- Click the Login info button on the far right to open the settings box for the user.
- Click the Change password button.
- The Reset Password utility box appears, prompting you to enter a password:
- Click or enter one of the following:
- Generate strong password — click this link to create a system-generated password, or
- Password field box — manually enter a new password.
- When finished creating a new password, click the Reset Password button to reset the password.
- The following progress bar appears:
- When the password successfully updates, a success message and a small green check mark appear next to your username:
Please allow up to five minutes before logging in.