You can create three different types of website users.
You can reset the password for all types on the Manage Users page.
Changing your FTP user's password
To reset your user's password in the panel:
- Navigate to Manage Users page.
- Click the 'Show Info' down arrow next to your host name to open the settings box for the user.
- Click the 'Reset Password' link.
- You are prompted to confirm with the following message:
- Click the Yes, Generate New Password button to reset the password.
The panel generates a password for you. To ensure the security of the user and your data, it's not possible to add a custom password.
After you’ve changed your password, please allow up to 5 minutes for it to update in the DreamHost system.