When you change the database user password you must also change the config file for your website application. If you do not, your website will not load. The config file is different for each site. Common examples are listed below:
- WordPress — wp-config.php
- Joomla — configuration.php
- MediaWiki — LocalSettings.php
Consult online documentation for your specific app for instructions on how to adjust this config file.
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'Advanced' > 'MySQL Databases') page.
- To the right of your database, click your username.
- At the bottom of the user's edit page you can enter your new password and save.