- DreamObjects Users are added separately, and are distinct from any other users in the panel.
- Users can have more than one set of keys so that access can be granted or revoked.
- Users can also have have multiple buckets.
Creating a User
1. Click the Create New User button on the ‘Manage’ tab of the DreamObjects page.
Enter a username in the 'Username' field.
- Usernames should only contain characters, numbers, dashes, dots, and underscores. Usernames are also unique on the cluster.
Click the Add User button.
Editing a User
Deleting a User
Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Cloud Services’ > ‘DreamObjects’) page in your DreamHost panel.
Click the ‘Manage’ tab at the top.
The DreamObjects page opens where a list of Users displays.
Locate the user you wish to delete
A ‘Remove User’ link appears on the bottom right of the user object:
Click the Remove User button.
A confirmation dialog box opens:
Deleting a User will also permanently remove all data owned by the User. Although DreamHost attempts to preserve the last 5 days-worth of data, there is no guarantee that any data from a deleted user can be recovered.
If you are certain that you wish to permanently delete the user, click Remove on the confirmation dialog box.
The user is deleted.