Each user has at least one Key Pair set which consists of the following:
- a 20 character Access Key (similar to a username for a bucket), and
- a 40 character Secret Key (similar to a password for a bucket and automatically generated).
The panel uses these credentials to access your buckets and objects.
Viewing your keys
To view your keys, click on your username:
The Secret Key does not display by default.
Click thelink to view the Secret Key.
- Most third party clients like Cyberduck, as well as APIs and tools that are written using the API, also use these credentials to gain access to the DreamObjects programmatic cluster.
- A user can have multiple keys to provide fine grain access.
- Removing a key pair removes access for any application using it.
Copying your Access Key
As a convenience, when you click an Access Key or Secret Key the text is selected (though not copied to the clipboard). Once the key is highlighted, you can copy it.
Ctrl + C to copy.
Ctrl + V to paste.
(Command key) + C to copy.
(Command key) + V to paste.
Adding a Key Pair
- Either collapse your User object, or scroll to the bottom of your expanded User object to find the User Controls.
- Click the Add Key button.
- An S3 key is immediately added to your user.
Deleting a Key Pair
- Navigate to the Key Pair you wish to delete and locate the Remove Key button on the right-hand side of that row.
- Click the Remove Key button.
A confirmation dialog box opens:
Deleting the Key Pair will result in a loss of access for all clients and scripts that have been using that Key Pair.
- Click the Remove button.
The Key Pair is deleted.