Follow these steps to enable WebDAV in your DreamHost panel
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'Goodies' > 'Htaccess/WebDAV') page.
- In the list of domains, click the site on which you wish to enable WebDAV.
- Click the Set up a New Directory button to continue.
- The WebDAV configuration page opens
- Enter the following:
- Directory name: The subdirectory you want to use for WebDAV. If this directory doesn't exist, then it's created automatically.
- Password-protect this dir?: You should check this box for security purposes.
- Enable WebDAV on this dir?: Check this box.
- Directory "name": When you navigate to the WebDAV directory, a pop-up box opens allowing you to log in. This text is what appears in that box.
- User accounts for this area: Add a user followed by its password. View the Passwords article for instructions on how to create a safe password.
- Forbid linking to files in this dir?: Check this box if you'd like certain file types to be forbidden.
- Forbidden file extensions: Add the forbidden extensions here.
- Domains that may still link: Add domains that will not be forbidden from accessing this content.
- Click the Configure This Directory button to save.
- A confirmation box confirms that WebDAV is being configured:
If you have a lot of directories you wish to enable WebDAV on, you must add users for each directory separately via the panel. Also, users have access to the entire directory once created.