If you find yourself in a situation that requires changes to your site, and your developer isn't available to help, DreamHost's skilled support team may be able to assist you for a small fee. You can find more information about supported services and associated costs in the DreamHost Professional Services article.
There are various reasons why your website may be down. The following list of articles describe the most common issues that may occur and steps to help you quickly resolve them.
Check DreamHost's status page
Check DreamHost's status page to view any issues DreamHost is currently aware of and working to resolve.
Other things to check
After you determine that the issue is not DreamHost-wide, you can check the following items related to your account or server.
Domain registration issues
Payment or abuse-related issues
Advanced troubleshooting steps
- Were your processes killed on the shared server?
- Common error messages
- Checking your access and error logs
- Error establishing a database connection
- List of website troubleshooting articles
- Site not found
- Troubleshooting a single site's connection
- Viewing and examining your access log via SSH
- Viewing your access and error log via SFTP
- Common reasons for poor website performance