UpdraftPlus allows you to easily backup your WordPress site to DreamObjects.
Installing the plugin
- Log into your WordPress site.
- In the left menu, choose ‘Plugins > Add New’.
- Search for ‘UpdraftPlus’. Once found click the Install Now button.
- Back on the 'Plugins' page, make sure to click 'Activate' under the plugin.
Configuring the plugin
- Make sure you're on the plugin page.
- Click the ‘Settings’ link under the plugin.
- On the main page for the plugin, click the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Configure UpdraftPlus to backup your files and database at the intervals you prefer.
- Under the 'Remote Storage' section choose 'DreamObjects'.
- Enter the following:
- DreamObjects access key: View the DreamObjects Keys article for instructions on how to locate this.
- DreamObjects secret key: View the DreamObjects Keys article for instructions on how to locate this.
- DreamObjects location: Enter the name of the bucket you'd like to backup to.
- DreamObjects end-point: Choose 'objects-us-east-1.dream.io'
This article uses the new DreamObjects cluster of 'objects-us-east-1.dream.io'. If you have an older DreamObjects account and have not migrated your data yet, your hostname may need to point to 'objects-us-west-1.dream.io' instead. Please review the following migration article for further details.
- Click the button titled Test DreamObjects Settings.
- You should see a 'Success' message display.
- Scroll down and click the Save Changes button.
Creating a manual backup
At this point your plugin is set to backup at the time interval you specified above. However, you can always backup manually anytime you like.
- Open the plugin.
- Click the 'Current Status' tab, then click Backup Now.
- A status bar displays as your backup processes. Once complete, you'll see it on the 'Existing Backups' tab.
Restore a backup
- Open the plugin.
- Click the 'Existing backups' tab, then click the Restore button to the right of the backup you wish to restore.