You can always change the type of SSL certificate on your domain to a Let's Encrypt or Sectigo certificate within the panel.
Changing the certificate
- Navigate to the SSL/TLS Certificates page.
- To the right of your domain, click the Settings button.
- The current certificate displays on this page.
- To the right, click the Add New Certificate button.
- On this page, select which type of certificate you'd like to change to. View the following articles for further information on Let's Encrypt and Sectigo certificates.
Forcing your site to load HTTPS be default
When you add an SSL certificate to your website in the panel, DreamHost automatically redirects the URL visitors use to view your site from HTTP to HTTPS. The S ensures that your connection is encrypted. For example:
There's nothing on your end you must do in order to force your site to use the secure URL. View the following article for further information.