This article explains how to sign up for a new DreamPress hosting plan. This article is for new customers that wish to open an account with their own personal details and payment information.
This article shows how to open an account with a hosting plan. This means you will pay for a server to host your website on. If you only want to buy the web site name (domain name), and are not ready to host the site on the Internet, view the following article instead:
Step 1 — Choose a hosting plan
DreamHost offers several DreamPress hosting plans for you to host your website on. View the following link for a list of plans:
After you've decided on the plan, click the Get DreamPress button under it to proceed with account creation.
Step 2 — Create a new account
After you've selected a plan you can proceed with creating your account.
Adding a DreamPress account
- When you've decided on the plan you'd like to purchase, click the button under it to proceed. After clicking the button, you're taken to panel.dreamhost.com/signup.
- Here you can enter a domain to purchase, transfer an existing domain, or click 'I'll choose a domain later' to skip the domain part.
- Enter your address. To the right, select the payment plan and your desired add-ons.
- Choose to pay with a credit card or PayPal. If you select PayPal, you're taken to its site to complete the purchase.
- Towards the bottom are a few options you can enable:
- WordPress Migration Service: Select this option to have DreamHost migrate your WordPress site for you.
- Install WooCommerce: This adds the free WooCommerce plugin to your site so you can set up an online store.
- When finished, click the Submit Order button at the bottom of the page.
If you have any further questions, please contact DreamHost technical support