This article explains how to sign up for a new DreamHost account. This article is for new customers that wish to open an account with their own personal details and payment information.
- Visit DreamHost's hosting overview page for standard hosting plans such as Shared, VPS, and Dedicated hosting. If you're only interested in WordPress hosting, visit the Premium WordPress hosting page instead.
- Click one of the buttons to choose a plan.
This article shows how it would look like for a Shared hosting plan.
- After clicking the button, you're taken to signup.dreamhost.com. In this example it opens https://signup.dreamhost.com/shared/email/.
- Enter an email and password.
- Create a free dreamhosters.com subdomain. This would look something like mysite.dreamhosters.com.
- Skip this step and add a domain later.On the next page you can register a new domain. Enter it into the search field and click the search button to see if it's available. If you do not want to create a new domain at this time you have two other options:
- On the next page, choose a billing option and continue.
- The next page allows you to install WordPress or add a Private MySQL server to your account. After making your choice, click the Continue button.
- The final page asks you to enter your personal information and payment details.
- Click the Place order now button at the bottom to complete the signup process.
If you have any further questions, please contact DreamHost technical support