This article explains how to sign up for a new DreamHost account. This article is for new customers that wish to open an account with their own personal details and payment information.
- Visit DreamHost's hosting overview page for standard hosting plans such as Shared, VPS, and Dedicated hosting. If you're only interested in WordPress hosting, visit the Premium WordPress hosting page instead.
- Scroll down to view hosting options. Click the Learn More button next to the one you're interested in.
- When you've found the plan you'd like to purchase, click its Get Started button.
This article shows how it would look like for a Shared hosting plan.
- After clicking the button, you're taken to signup.dreamhost.com. In this example it opens https://signup.dreamhost.com/shared/email/.
- Enter an email and password.
- On the next page you can register a new domain. Enter it into the search field and click the search button to see if it's available. If you do not want to create a new domain at this time you have two other options:
- Create a free dreamhosters.com subdomain. This would look something like mysite.dreamhosters.com.
- Skip this step and add a domain later.
- Choose a billing option.
- Select if you wish to install WordPress or add a Private MySQL server to your account.
- The final page asks you to enter your personal information and payment details.
- Click the Place order now button at the bottom to complete the signup process.
If you have any further questions, please contact DreamHost technical support