SQLite is already installed on all DreamHost servers. You can also install your own version locally under your username. This article walks you through this process.
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Make sure you're in your user's home directory.
[server]$ cd ~
- Visit the SQLite download page to download the most recent version.
- Run the following to download it to your user's directory.
[server]$ wget https://sqlite.org/2020/sqlite-autoconf-3330000.tar.gz
- Decompress the file.
[server]$ tar zxvf sqlite-autoconf-3330000.tar.gz
- Change into the new directory.
[server]$ cd sqlite-autoconf-3330000
- Run the following to configure it.
[server]$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/opt/sqlite
- Run make and make install to complete the installation.
[server]$ make [server]$ make install
- Add the following lines to your .bash_profile. This is a file located in your user's home directory.
- Run the source command on your .bash_profile file.
[server]$ source .bash_profile
- Check the version to confirm it's now being used.
[server]$ which sqlite3 /home/username/opt/sqlite/bin/sqlite3 [server]$ sqlite3 SQLite version 3.33.0 2020-08-14 13:23:32
- Quit the sqlite shell by running the following.