Google changed the name of its G Suite product to Google Workspace. See the following article for more information:
When you add a user to your Google Workspace account, you give them an email address at your business domain and an account they can use to access Google Workspace services. Follow these instructions to add users to your Google Workspace plan.
When you originally sign up for a Google Workspace account, you get to choose how many users to add.
You can also add additional users within your DreamHost panel.
- Navigate to the Google Workspace page in your panel.
- Click the Manage Plan button.
- Select the new amount of users from the dropdown.
If you need more than 10 users, contact support.
You will only be able to add as many users as you have selected in the DreamHost panel.
- Your plan updates with the new billing plan and how much you owe today.
- Click the Update Plan button. A success message confirms your plan has been updated.
Adding a user in Google Workspace
You must now add the user within your Google Workspace panel.
- Navigate to the Users page in your Google Workspace console.
- Click the
You must have an unused user in your DreamHost panel as described above. If you do not, you will see the following warning message in your Google console.
- A pop-up displays, asking for the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Primary email
- Organizational unit
- Secondary email
- Phone number
- Click ADD NEW USER when finished.
- A confirmation box displays notifying you that the user has been created.
- You now see the new user added to the Users page in your Google Admin console.
You are billed for the numbers of users selected in the DreamHost panel, not the Google Workspace console. This means that if you have 5 users in the DreamHost panel, but one in the Google Workspace console, you are billed for 5 users.
It's important you do not sign up for more users in your DreamHost panel than you intend to use in Google Workspace.
If you remove users in the Google Workspace admin console, you need to also adjust the number of users in the DreamHost panel. If you do not, you will be billed for them.