If you have already created an email address on your domain at DreamHost, you can add this address to your Gmail account to 'Send as'. This means you no longer have to log into your DreamHost email to send. You can log into Gmail and send 'from' your DreamHost email address.
The address you use must be a functioning address. This means you cannot use a redirect or garbage email address.
Adding your DreamHost email to Gmail
- First, create a fully hosted DreamHost email address.
- Log into Gmail.
- On the top right, click the gear icon.
- From the dropdown, choose 'Settings'.
- Click the 'Accounts and Import' tab.
- Under the 'Send mail as' section, click the 'Add another email address' link.
- On the pop-up, enter the name you wish to be seen when sending email from this new address. Then enter the full email and click 'Next Step'.
- On the next page, enter the following:
- SMTP Server — NOTE: If you're using Anti-Spam filters on your DreamHost address, this field appears as vade-in2.mail.dreamhost.com. Make sure to change this to smtp.dreamhost.com.
- Port — 465
- Username — Your FULL DreamHost email address
- Password — The email password
- Check the option for SSL and click 'Add Account'.
- An email is sent to the DreamHost address with a verification code. Copy that code and paste it into this window.
- Navigate back to your Gmail settings page.
- Scroll down to the 'Send mail as' section. You now see your new DreamHost address.
- To send mail as this address, click the 'make default' link to the right.
- When you send email in the future, it sends 'as' your DreamHost address, not your Gmail address.