To change the PHP version on any of your domains/subdomains within the panel:
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'Domains' > 'Manage Domains') page.
- To the right of your domain, click the Edit button under the ‘Web Hosting’ column.
- The ‘Manage Domains’ page appears:
- In the 'Web Options' section, select which PHP version from the dropdown menu which you’d like your site to run.
- Scroll down and click the blue Change settings button to save your changes.
Changing the PHP version on your site
Aside from changing the settings in the DreamHost panel, you can also change the PHP settings using an .htaccess file.
Simply add the following two lines in your .htaccess file which forces PHP to use PHP 5.6:
AddHandler fcgid-script .php
FCGIWrapper "/dh/cgi-system/php56.cgi" .php
If this causes any problems, then remove the lines to switch back to your previous settings.