Closing because of COVID-19?
Please contact DreamHost support if you are considering canceling your account due to COVID-19. DreamHost is here to help and may be able to offer you payment deferral and other options during this time.
The following instructions are only if you have a Shared Hosting plan in addition to an Email, VPS, or Dedicated Hosting plan.
Viewing your hosting plan type
You can view all services billed to your account on the Manage Account page. Here you'll see a list of all services you currently use.
Remove or migrate Shared users
If any users still exist on your Shared server, you will not be able to close the plan. You must either delete those users from the Shared server or migrate them to a VPS or Dedicated Server.
Migrating users to the new VPS or Dedicated Server
The safest option is to migrate the users to the new server. View the following article for details:
Deleting users if you no longer need them
If you no longer need the users on your Shared server you can delete them. However, make sure you backup any important files under the Shared user you wish to keep. View the following articles for information on how to backup your user data:
After you backed up your files, see the following article for instructions on how to delete a user:
Closing/canceling a Shared plan
- Navigate to the Manage Account page.
- Locate your Shared hosting plan. To the right, click the Ends column. Three options appear:
- End Today
- End After This Billing Period
link under the
- After you select when you'd like your hosting plan to end, the following confirmation appears (depending on what other services you have purchased):
- Click Ok to proceed.
- If you did not remove your existing shared users from the shared server, the following message appears:
- Make sure to remove them first. You can then proceed with closing/canceling the hosting plan.