DreamHost allows its users to close a shared hosting account using the DreamHost panel. This article details how to close your shared hosting account, a VPS-only account, as well as a Dedicated-only account.
Do I get my money back if I cancel my account?
DreamHost cannot refund money beyond the 97-Day Money-Back Guarantee. Please note the following limitations on this refund policy:
- Refunds within the 97-Day Money-Back Guarantee can only be processed for shared hosting, per the Terms of Service.
- Domain registration fees are not refundable. If your domain registration was free with your shared hosting plan, you will be required to pay for it when canceling the hosting plan.
- VPS and Dedicated plans are also not refundable.
- Payments made via check/money order cannot be refunded once cleared.
If you choose to cancel your account, you retain ownership of any domain registrations that you have purchased. If, in the future, you would like to have your domain point to a different web host, you will be able to log in to the DreamHost panel, and make your changes to your DNS settings to point to the new host.
Do I get my money back If DreamHost cancels my account?
If DreamHost abruptly disables a user’s account due to a breach of the Terms of Service, then the user forfeits any eligibility for a refund.
How to cancel
The steps to cancel are different depending on the type of hosting plan you're using. View the link below that matches your current hosting plan:
- How do I cancel my Shared hosting account?
- How do I cancel my Shared hosting account if I also have a VPS or Dedicated server?
- How to close your VPS or Dedicated only account