If you are using the credit card AutoPay system, you may need to update your credit card details over time to replace outdated or expired information. You can make this change securely within your DreamHost panel.
How do I update my credit card AutoPay details?
This section describes how to update all of your credit card information, except the card number. For example, you can make updates if your credit card has a new expiration date or if your billing address has changed.
To change your credit card information used for automatic payments:
- Visit the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Make Payment’) page.
- If you have signed up for credit card AutoPay, you will see the card that is currently on your account listed, as well as an option to modify your credit card details:
- Click the ‘Modify Credit Card AutoPay’ tab to update your card information.
- To enter a new credit card, click the Add credit card button.
- Update all fields as needed.
- Once you update all the fields, click the Update Automatic Rebill Settings button to save your changes and update your credit card details.
How do I change my credit card number?
To change your credit card number that you have on file with DreamHost:
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Make Payment’) page.
- If a card is already set up, you’ll see it listed at the top:
- Click the Forget this card completely! button.
You can then enter a new credit card.
Troubleshooting expired cards and AutoPay errors
If you receive an error due to an expired card, just add your new card to the panel as the new AutoPay card on file.
As long as your credit card data saved to your AutoPay is accurate, the billing system will attempt to charge your card again within a week until your due balance is resolved.