- Using a credit or debit card to make a payment
- Using another payment method
- Using a Rewards Credit to make a payment
- How long does it take for my payment to process and post?
- What happens if I make a payment on an item that is not due yet?
- How do I view my invoice?
- I can't access my account—what should I do?
- How do I handle "up-front" payments, such as domain registrations?
- Are there any exceptions to these payment methods?
- See also
You can make a payment at any time to your account using the DreamHost web panel.
You must use a credit card to initially open a new account, which prevents fraudulent accounts from being opened. After the initial payment is received and the account is approved, you may make subsequent payments using any of the following accepted payment methods listed in this article.
Using the DreamHost panel to make a payment
Payments must be made through your DreamHost panel which offers a secure way to transmit payment data.
To make a payment:
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Make Payment’) page.
- Click the ‘Make Payment Now’ tab.
- Select any one of the accepted payment methods listed on this page:
- Credit/Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Diners Club)
- Checking Account
- Check or Money Order
- Gift Certificate
Using a credit or debit card to make a payment
- Scroll down to the 'Pay via Credit / Debit Card' section.
- Click the blue Add card button in the 'Pay via Credit / Debit Card' section.
- The following box opens allowing you to enter a card number:
- Enter your card number, expiration date, and security code, and then click the blue Use card button.
- Enter the name on the card, billing address (city, state, zip code, and country), phone number, and amount.
- When finished, click the blue Charge this card now! button to complete the charge.
Using another payment method
If you wish to use another payment option, enter all the required payment fields in the selected payment section and then click the appropriate button to submit your payment:
Using a Rewards Credit to make a payment
You can also use a DreamHost Rewards Credit (if you have a Rewards earning balance) to make a payment:
Enter an amount that you'd like to apply from your rewards balance, then click the blue Apply my rewards money now! button.
How long does it take for my payment to process and post?
If you have a balance due immediately, or are nearing account suspension, it is recommended that you use a credit card or PayPal for quicker service.
Depending on your payment method, it may take various lengths of time to process:
- Credit card payments post almost instantly.
- If you are using PayPal to make a payment, it may take some time for PayPal to approve and post a payment to your DreamHost account.
- Electronic checks, mailed checks, or money order payments can take several weeks to process.
Once a payment clears, it is applied to your account and DreamHost will send you a receipt for the payment to your account profile's email address. Bank statements show the charge as coming from ‘DreamHost - DH-FEE.com’.
What happens if I make a payment on an item that is not due yet?
If you make a payment towards an item that has not renewed yet (such as a yearly hosting or a domain registration fee), that payment posts as a positive credit on the account until the specific item’s renewal date.
How do I view my invoice?
See the following article for instructions on how to view an invoice:
I can't access my account—what should I do?
If you cannot log into your panel, try resetting your password:
If this does not work, fill out the following form to contact support:
How do I handle "up-front" payments, such as domain registrations?
If you are purchasing any items that require payment up front (such as a new domain registration or renewal), payment must be made via credit card only. This is because the payment is applied immediately and then the request is sent right away to the registry on your behalf. You can also make a pre-payment with PayPal by following the instructions at:
Are there any exceptions to these payment methods?
Some international or prepaid credit cards, even if they have a Visa/MasterCard logo on them, may not be accepted due to limitations set by their own financial institutions.