If you are using the credit card AutoPay system, you may need to update your credit card details over time to replace outdated or expired information. You can make this change securely within your DreamHost panel.
When you update a card that was previously used to pay for a domain(s) set to 'Auto Renew', the domain is then set to 'Ask'. You must then go back and set the domain(s) back to Auto Renew after updating your credit card.
Updating your credit card information
To change your credit card information used for automatic payments:
- Navigate to the Manage Payments page. Your existing card on file appears at the top of the page:
- Scroll down to the 'Setup AutoPay' section and click the Add Card (for credit/debit cards) button.
- The following box appears at the top where you can enter a new credit/debit card:
- Click the Add Card button.
- The following box opens allowing you to enter further information about the card:
- Enter your card number, expiration date, security code, and then click the Use Card button.
- After you enter the card number, enter the name on the card and billing address (city, state, zip/postal code, and country).
- When finished, click the Save Credit Card and Enable AutoPay button to complete the charge.
Troubleshooting expired cards and AutoPay errors
If you receive an error due to an expired card, just add your new card to the panel as the new AutoPay card on file using the above instructions.
As long as your credit card data saved to your AutoPay is accurate, the billing system will attempt to charge your card again within a week until your due balance is resolved.