If you are using the credit card Autopay system, you may need to update your credit card details over time to replace outdated or expired information. You can make this change securely within your DreamHost panel.
Please note the following when updating a credit card:
- If you wish to change any details on your existing card on file (e.g., expiration date, billing details, or card number), you must first delete it and then re-enter a card using the following instructions.
- When you update a card that was previously used to pay for a domain(s) set to 'Auto Renew', the domain is then set to 'Ask'. You must then go back and set the domain(s) back to Auto Renew after updating your credit card.
Updating your credit card information
To change your credit card information used for automatic payments:
- Navigate to the Make Payment page.
- Your existing card on file appears at the top of the page:
- Click the Delete Card button, and then select 'Delete Autopay Card Anyway' when the warning box appears.
A success message appears indicating that 'your credit card automatic rebilling' settings are updated. You can then proceed with the following instructions to set up a new card.
- Scroll down to the 'Set Up Autopay' section and click the Set Up Autopay Now button.
- The 'Set Up Autopay' page opens, which displays the following 'Add Card' button at the top:
- Click the Add Card button.
- The following box opens allowing you to enter a card number:
- Enter your card number, expiration date, and security code, and then click the Use card button.
- After you enter the card number, enter the name on the card and billing address (city, state, zip/postal code, and country).
- When finished, click the Save Credit Card and Enable Autopay button to add the card to Autopay.
Troubleshooting expired cards and Autopay errors
If you receive an error due to an expired card, just add your new card to the panel as the new Autopay card on file using the above instructions.
As long as your credit card data saved to your Autopay is accurate, the billing system will attempt to charge your card again within a week until your due balance is resolved.