When is my billing date?
You can view your billing date in the panel on the Manage Account page. View the following article for more information:
How long does it take for my payment to process and post?
- If you have a balance due immediately or are nearing account suspension, it is recommended that you use a credit card or PayPal for quicker service.
- If your account has a service balance that's 30 days past due, the web panel will become restricted until the balance is resolved.
Depending on your payment method, it may take various lengths of time to process:
- Credit card payments post almost instantly.
- If you are using PayPal to make a payment, it may take some time for PayPal to approve and post a payment to your DreamHost account.
- Electronic checks, mailed checks, or money order payments can take several weeks to process. DreamHost only accept checks or money orders drawn on U.S. banks and denominated in US Dollars.
Once a payment clears, it is applied to your account and DreamHost will send you a receipt for the payment to your account profile's email address. Bank statements show the charge as coming from ‘DreamHost - DH-FEE.com’.
What happens if I make a payment on an item that is not due yet?
If you make a payment towards an item that has not renewed yet (such as a yearly hosting or a domain registration fee), that payment posts as a positive credit on the account until the specific item’s renewal date.
How do I view my invoice?
See the following article for instructions on how to view an invoice:
I can't access my account—what should I do?
If you cannot log into your panel, try resetting your password:
If this does not work, fill out the following form to contact support:
How do I handle "up-front" payments, such as domain registrations?
If you are purchasing any items that require payment up front (such as a new domain registration or renewal), payment must be made via credit card only. This is because the payment is applied immediately and then the request is sent right away to the registry on your behalf. You can also make a pre-payment with PayPal by following the instructions at:
Are there any exceptions to these payment methods?
Some international or prepaid credit cards, even if they have a Visa/MasterCard logo on them, may not be accepted due to limitations set by their own financial institutions.
What should I do if my payment fails with an error?
If your payment fails with the following error message, please contact support for further assistance:
Error: "SOMETHING WENT WRONG! Payment declined by financial institution, or some other error has occurred"
How can I disable AutoPay?
View the Disabling AutoPay article for instructions.
Domain expiration notifications
DreamHost will always send email notifications starting 5 weeks before the domain’s expiration date no matter what renewal option is selected, and even if AutoPay is disabled. Those email notifications contain information on how you can renew a domain registration if you wish to do so.