WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS) and blogging tool. It can be used to create websites as well as personal blogs.
For further information on what WordPress is and what you are able to do with it, please visit WordPress's website at:
DreamHost offers a customized WordPress managed hosting, called DreamPress. It's perfect for middle-of-the-road users who need more performance than Shared hosting, but are not ready to upgrade to a VPS to personally manage their server and website.
You can read more about this upgraded service here:
WordPress automatic updates
As of version 3.7, WordPress now features automatic updates. These are for minor revision updates only (for example, 4.1 to 4.1.1) .
DreamHost strongly recommends that you allow these updates to occur automatically as they usually include important security updates or bug fixes.
You can read more about this feature as well as how to disable it via the following link:
After you install and set up WordPress, you can then import external content. You can do this by logging into your WordPress site and going to ‘Tools’ > ‘Import’.
Importing Content may require additional plugins depending from which platform you're importing.
Moving a WordPress installation
If you already have a WordPress installation running on another host and you want to move it to DreamHost, please review the following article:
WordPress help topics
- Installing / Migrating WordPress articles
- Managing WordPress articles
- Optimization articles
- Troubleshooting articles
- Advanced WordPress articles
- How do I install WordPress before my DNS is pointed to DreamHost?
- How do I test my WordPress migration to DreamHost before changing DNS?
- How do I view WordPress before pointing my DNS to DreamHost?
- How to install WordPress using the One-Click Installer
- Troubleshooting WordPress contact forms
- Troubleshooting WordPress plugins
- DreamPress overview