If you are not using DreamHost nameservers, you must set up the SPF records with the current mail DNS provider instead.
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Domains’ > ‘Manage Domains’) page.
- Click the ‘DNS’ link under the domain.
- The ‘Manage Domains’ page opens for this domain.
- Description of fields:
- Name: This is designated for the subdomain. If it applies to the main domain, leave this field blank.
- Type: From the dropdown menu, select TXT.
- Value: Enter the SPF record.
- Comment: This field is optional. You can include ‘SPF’ here if you’d like or leave it blank.
- Click the Add Record Now! button to save that record
Allow up to 6 hours for the DNS record to propagate after you save the record.
- Keep in mind that SPF treats subdomains (such as sub.example.com) separately, thus, you may wish to specify SPF records both for example.com and any hosts such as yourhost.example.com. See SPF subdomain FAQ for more information.
- Wildcard for TXT records are not supported by DreamHost. This is generally discouraged as well as stated in the following article: RFC 4408 §3.1.5.