Create a Key Pair
When you launch a new instance, SSH keys are the only method of connecting to the new instance at first. You can create and import an SSH key into your DreamCompute project using the following article from DreamHost.
- How to create a Key pair overview
Create an instance
Once you have your SSH key created and imported into the DreamCompute dashboard, you can go ahead and create an instance using one of the tutorials below.
- How to launch an instance using the DreamCompute dashboard
- How to launch an instance using the OpenStack CLI
When creating the instance, make sure to select the Key Pair you wish to use on the Access & Security tab.
Logging into your instance
To log in, you'll need the default user and IP Address of the instance.
- How to find the default user of an image
- Locating IP Address of your instance
Finally, select the article below that corresponds to your operating system for instructions on how to log in using your Key Pair.
- Connect to your DreamCompute Instance with SSH keys in Windows
- Connect to your DreamCompute Instance with SSH keys in Mac or Linux