The Mail Menu is where you can manage various functions of your mail services with DreamHost, including:
- Creating/Editing/Deleting email addresses
- Creating/Editing MX records
- Creating/Editing Announcement Lists
- Creating/Editing Discussion Lists
- Managing spam filters
- Creating/Editing autoresponders
The Manage Email page is where you can add, edit, and delete email addresses. By clicking the Edit button to the right of any address, you can update passwords, disk limit quota, and configure the email as fully-hosted or as a forward-only address.
View the following article for further details:
Google Workspace appears within the menu only if you have signed up for a plan.
Google Workspace offers you the option to add Google Workspace to your domain. This switches your mail service to Google instead of DreamHost. It also allows you to use Google's services such as Drive, Calendar, and Hangouts. View the following article for further details:
The Custom MX page is where you can edit the MX records for your domain. You can enter custom MX records, set up your email with Google Workspace, or simply keep your mail services with DreamHost.
To learn more about custom MX records, visit the following article:
The Spam Filters page allows you to create filters to block incoming spam. This feature cannot be enabled on non-DreamHost mail services.
For more information, visit the following article:
Custom filters can be added on the Message Filters page. This feature allows you to create very specific filters to control incoming email anyway you find necessary.
For further information, view the following page:
- Of course, if your email client supports keyword filtering (most modern mail clients do allow this) then you can apply filters there as well. DreamHost filters operate on the server side so they will be applied before any local filtering done by your mail client software.
- Forwarding only addresses (aliases) cannot process keyword filters (or junk mail filtering either).
- If you also are using DreamHost’s Anti-spam filtering service, those filter are processed before any custom filters you enable in the panel.
The Announcement Lists page provides the ability to create an Announcement List. This list allows you to send to hundreds or even thousands of subscribers without affecting your regular email’s SMTP quota.
For more information on the Announcement List feature, visit the following articles:
The Discussion Lists page allows you to create a Discussion List where subscribers can contact each other through a single email. This is a great feature that also does not affect the regular SMTP quota.
For more information on creating a Discussion List, visit the following articles:
On the Autoresponders page, you can create a custom autoresponder. When anyone sends you an email, they will then receive the reply from this autoresponder. This tool is useful in instances when you’re not available for an extended period of time (such as a vacation).
For more information, view the following article: