Viewing your DNS records in the panel
You can review all of the DNS records that are set up for any site you host at DreamHost.
To view your DNS records:
- Navigate to the Manage Websites page.
- Click the
- If in Grid view, click the 'vertical 3 dots' button under your domain and then click the link.
- If in List view, click the 'vertical 3 dots' button to the right of your domain and then click the link.
link to edit your site's DNS settings.
- Your DreamHost DNS records display.
Scroll down to the bottom of the list of DNS records to view your nameservers.
This information is very handy if your domain points to non-DreamHost nameservers and you need to configure any or all of these records manually to point to DreamHost services.
If you are using DreamHost hosting services (including parking or a redirect of the site), and your domain is registered with DreamHost, you should use these nameservers:
As long as the nameservers are pointing to DreamHost, the records on your domain’s DNS page will be applied to your domain.
Confirming where your domain's DNS is pointing
The steps above confirm what your DreamHost DNS records are set to at DreamHost. However, this may be different than your domain's current DNS settings since they could still be pointing to a different company. View the following article for more information on how to confirm where your domain is hosted.
On the DNS page, you can also check where your domain's DNS records are currently pointed.
- Click the DNS Checker button.
- The DNS Propagation Checker page opens:
- Click a record you wish to view and then click the Refresh or Go button:
The DNS Propagation Checker page allows you to instantly perform a DNS lookup to check your website's current IP address and DNS record information against multiple nameservers located in different parts of the world:
The following article lists other options on how to view where your DNS is currently hosted.