This article explains how to sign up for a new DreamHost account. This article is for new customers that wish to open an account with their own personal details and payment information.
This article shows how to open an account with a hosting plan. This means you will pay for a server to host your website on. If you only want to buy the web site name (domain name), and are not ready to host the site on the Internet, view the following article instead:
Opening an account with a hosting plan
- Visit DreamHost's hosting overview page for standard hosting plans such as Shared, VPS, and Dedicated hosting. If you're only interested in WordPress hosting, visit the Premium WordPress hosting page instead.
- Select one of the plans to read more about it.
This article shows how it would look like for a Shared hosting plan.
- When you've decided on the plan you'd like to purchase, click the button under it to proceed. After clicking the button, you're taken to signup.dreamhost.com. In this example it opens https://signup.dreamhost.com/shared/email/.
- Enter an email and password.
- Create a free dreamhosters.com subdomain. This would look something like mysite.dreamhosters.com.
- Skip this step and add a domain later. On the next page you can register a new domain. Enter it into the search field and click the search button to see if it's available. If you do not want to create a new domain at this time you have two other options:
- On the next page, choose a billing option and continue.
- The next page allows you to install WordPress or add a Private MySQL server to your account. After making your choice, click the Continue button.
- The final page asks you to enter your personal information and payment details.
- Click the Place order now button at the bottom to complete the signup process.
If you have any further questions, please contact DreamHost technical support