When you originally add a domain to your panel as Fully Hosted, you must assign it a username. This is the username on the server assigned to the domain. It's also the same username you use to log into your account via FTP or SSH.
At some point, you may need to assign a new user. This article describes how to move a domain to a new user.
Before you assign a domain to a user, you should consider what type of use it may need. This could be either an SFTP or Shell user. The following article explains more about the differences between these two user types:
If you have already created several website users, you can use the following article instructions to filter them by their type (SFTP or Shell). This helps to quickly choose which user you'd like to move the domain to:
Changing your domain's username
- Navigate to the Manage Websites page.
- Click the Manage button to open the Domain Settings page, which allows you to adjust various settings for your site.
- Click the Login Info button under Manage Your Site.
- Click the Switch user button.
- Select the user you want to control this domain from the dropdown.
After selecting the new user, a toggle titled Move files to the new user? appears. If you keep this checked, all files under the current user are copied to the new user. In most cases, this is what you want. The only reason to UN-check that option is if you want a new user without any existing files on the domain.
- Click the Save Changes button to save.
If you chose to copy files to the new user, it may take some time depending on how much data there is to move.