This article describes how to sign up for G Suite within your DreamHost panel.
Before proceeding, make sure you have an active domain registration in your DreamHost account, as it will be used as the primary domain associated with your G Suite services. During G Suite signup, you are asked to select from your list of available domains.
Billing and plan options
G Suite offers three different types of G Suite plans. DreamHost currently supports the monthly billing for the 'Basic' and 'Business' plans. Monthly pricing breaks down as follows:
|Plan type||Storage||Cost per month|
|Basic||30 GB||$6 per user|
||$12 per user|
Signing up in the panel
If you signed up for G Suite when you originally purchased your account, you must still activate it in the panel. You will receive a reminder email a few days after signing up with instructions on how to activate G Suite.
- Log into panel.dreamhost.com.
- In the left menu, click the 'G Suite' option, or navigate to the Manage G Suite page.
- Click the Get started button.
There is a 30 day free trial for new G Suite customers. View the G Suite billing article for further details.
- Make the following selections:
- Domain — Select your domain from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Number of Users — Select the number of users. You can select up to 10 users to access G Suite services.
- Select a plan:
- Basic — Professional office suite with 30GB storage, or
- Business — Enhanced office suite with 1TB storage for under 5 users (unlimited storage for 5 or more users) storage and archiving.
- Click the 'Compare editions in more detail' link to view more details on how these plans differ.
- In the 'Admin User Creation' box, enter the following:
- Organization Name — Enter an organization name. (Optional)
- First Name and Last Name — Enter the first and last name of your G Suite user.
- Email Address — Only enter the first part of the email address. For example, if your address is email@example.com, then enter admin. This will be your super admin user in G Suite, which can add/remove users, reset passwords, and has full privileges for your G Suite account.
This email does not need to currently exist. It can be a brand new email on your domain.
- Password — Enter a password for the admin user.
- When finished, click the Complete Setup button.
Viewing your new G Suite plan
It's highly recommended that you immediately add a recovery email address and phone number. You can use this information to assist you in logging into your account if you ever lose your password.
After the setup completes, the G Suite page opens and displays your new plan. You can also see the plan on the Manage Account page:
After you have signed up, you are sent two confirmation emails.
- One from DreamHost
- One from Google
The DreamHost email
The DreamHost email confirms that you've added G Suite to your DreamHost domain. It also contains a link to log into your Google console at https://admin.google.com.
Make sure you use your new G Suite email address and password you just created when logging into the G Suite panel. If you forgot the username of the new address you created, please contact support to retrieve or reset it.
The Google email
DreamHost attempts to auto-verify your domain with Google every 15 minutes. Because of this, the email may take up to 15 minutes to arrive.
The Google email links you to the admin console. Once logged in, you'll need to accept the User Agreement and Terms of Service in order to proceed.
Make sure you use your new G Suite email address and password you just created when logging into the G Suite panel.
If your site is currently hosted at DreamHost, certain DNS records are automatically adjusted. View the following article for further details.