Each new DreamHost account must go through an approval process before any hosting or registration services can be used. This checks the signup details to ensure that the information is legitimate and to protect against fraudulent accounts. This article details what causes an account to have a “Pending” status and how to resolve this issue.
Why does my new account show as “Pending” in the DreamHost panel?
If your account is pending, you’ll see the following notice in your panel:
When an account’s status shows as “Pending” for more than a few hours after signup, this means that the automated approval system was not able to approve the account on its own. This may indicate an issue with either your payment details, or the signup process may have been incomplete. There are several reasons why your account may still be pending. For example:
- Some of the information you provided did not match the credit card details you entered, so the system checks to ensure that this is not fraud.
- The signup process did not finish or you may not have completed the signup form, therefore only your WebID was created.
- It can take a few hours for the automated approval system to process your request if there are many other pending new accounts to process at the same time.
There are other reasons why an account may be pending, but these are the most common reasons.
How do I fix this issue and get my account approved?
Do not worry if your account has been flagged for manual approval. DreamHost is happy resolve this for you after receiving the following information:
Please provide a photo of the front of the credit card used to open the account. Make sure the cardholder’s name, expiration date, and the first and last 4 digits of the card are clearly visible. Please block out the middle 8 digits for security.
Due to security reasons, DreamHost is unable to accept attachments in email replies. You have the following options:
- Submit a new message at https://panel.dreamhost.com/support where you can attach the above requested document.
- You may also upload the file to any of these websites and then email support the direct link in your reply. DreamHost can then download and verify the information.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. DreamHost support is standing by to get you started with your new account as soon as possible.
My account was approved previously, but now shows as pending
Most of the time, this means that you are actually logged in to the wrong account. If you need assistance locating the correct account for your domains, please contact support at (Panel > ‘Support’ > ‘Contact Support’).