If you find yourself in a situation that requires changes to your site, and your developer isn't available to help, DreamHost's skilled support team may be able to assist you for a small fee. You can find more information about supported services and associated costs in the DreamHost Professional Services article.
Use an online tool to analyze your site
First, use an online tool to analyze your website. You'll receive a breakdown of what may be causing your site to load slower than expected and it will give you insights to troubleshoot further.
There are also plugins available that do this for you you can search for at the plugin repository.
- How to log into your WordPress site
- WordPress overview
- Managing WordPress plugins
- How to set your One-Click WordPress installation to automatically update
- WordPress caching options
- Fine tuning WordPress revisions
- WordPress SPAM plugins
- General WordPress optimization techniques