DreamHost support is not able to provide any sensitive account information via the chat system for security reasons, but DreamHost can email requested information to the address that is listed as the primary account contact.
All chats are stored in your panel on the (Panel > 'Support' > 'Contact Support') page under 'Recent Messages' in case you ever need to review past conversations.
- A technician may not be immediately available to respond – please be patient as DreamHost support works to address your issue.
- If during your chat your issue requires further investigation, the technician will instruct you to open a ticket so that support may investigate your issue further, as not all issues can be resolved promptly via chat.
Requesting Live Chat
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'Support' > 'Contact Support') page.
- There are three options:
- Ask a question – Opens a support ticket
- Knowledge Base – Searches the DreamHost knowledge base for articles related to your issue
- Forums – Opens the DreamHost user forum
- Click the 'Ask a question' field.
- You have three options to contact support
- Chat with an agent – Opens the 'Live Chat' service
- Submit a ticket – Submits an email ticket to support
- Request a callback – Requests a callback from support
- Click the Chat with an agent option.
- Click the Request a live chat with an agent button.
- In the 'Live Chat' prompt, enter your information and click Begin chat.