When contacting support via Live Chat, a technician may not be immediately available to respond – please be patient as DreamHost support works to address your issue.
Not all issues can be resolved promptly via chat. If during your chat your issue requires further investigation, the technician will instruct you to open a ticket so that support may investigate your issue further.
Requesting sensitive information
DreamHost support is not able to provide any sensitive account information via the Live Chat system for security reasons. DreamHost support is only able to email requested sensitive information to the address that is listed as the primary email on your account.
Hours of operation
Live Chat is available 5am - 10pm PST, 7 days a week.
Requesting Live Chat
If you cannot access your account, the only way to contact support is to use the online contact form:
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'Support' > 'Contact Support') page.
- There are three options:
- Ask a question – Opens a support ticket
- Knowledge Base – Searches the DreamHost knowledge base for articles related to your issue
- Forums – Opens the DreamHost user forum
- Click the 'Ask a question' field.
- You have three options to contact support
- Chat with an agent – Opens the 'Live Chat' service
- Submit a ticket – Submits an email ticket to support
- Request a callback – Requests a callback from support
- Click the Chat with an agent option.
- Click the Request a live chat with an agent button.
- In the 'Live Chat' prompt, enter your information and click Begin chat.
Viewing chat history
All chats are stored in your panel on the (Panel > 'Support' > 'Contact Support') page under 'Recent Messages' in case you ever need to review past conversations.