Support is mainly provided via email and Live Chat. However, DreamHost does have an option whereby customers can request a callback from technical support.
By default, callbacks are not included with any standard hosting package. You can, however, add three callbacks per month to your account for a nominal monthly fee. Support also offers a one-time callback feature for a fee as well.
What hours are callbacks available?
Callbacks are available between the hours of 6am - 10pm PST.
Requesting a callback
If you cannot access your account, the only way to contact support is to use the online contact form:
From the dropdown, choose the option 'I can't log in to my DreamHost account.'
- Navigate to the Contact Support page.
The following options appear at the top:
- Contact Support – Opens a support ticket
- Knowledge Base – Searches the DreamHost knowledge base for articles related to your issue
- Forums – Opens the DreamHost user forums
- Click the Contact Support box.
- Check the Request a callback? checkbox.
- Enter as many details as possible related to your current issue, including any domain name(s).
- Make sure to enter a phone number and a preferred time for the callback.
- DreamPress 'Plus' plans include 3 free callbacks per month.
- DreamPress 'Pro' plans include 5 free callbacks per month.
- Click Submit a ticket when finished.
- DreamHost does NOT provide a call-in telephone number: all phone support issues are handled as callbacks.
- Callbacks cannot be made for numbers outside the United States and Canada.
- Callback are only provided in English.
- Callbacks cannot be made for Security or Abuse matters. In these cases, a full written record of all communications is required.
Disabling phone service
- Navigate to the Manage Account page.
- Under the section titled Service Plans you'll see the phone service listed.
- To the far right is a column titled 'Ends'. Click the 'Edit' link.
- From the dropdown, choose to end the service today or at the end of your billing period.