Support is mainly provided via email and Live Chat. However, DreamHost does have an option whereby customers can request a callback from technical support.
By default, callbacks are not included with any standard hosting package. You can, however, add three callbacks per month to your account for a nominal monthly fee. Support also offers a one-time callback feature for a fee as well.
Requesting a callback
If you cannot access your account, the only way to contact support is to use the online contact form:
From the dropdown, choose the option 'I can't log in to my DreamHost account.'
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'Support' > 'Contact Support') page.
- There are three options:
- Ask a question – Opens a support ticket
- Knowledge Base – Searches the DreamHost knowledge base for articles related to your issue
- Forums – Opens the DreamHost user forums
- Click the 'Ask a question' box.
- You have three options to contact support
- Chat with an agent – Opens the 'Live Chat' service
- Submit a ticket – Submits an email ticket to support
- Request a callback – Requests a callback from support
- Click the 'Request a callback' option.
- Enter as many details as possible related to your current issue, including any domain name(s).
- Make sure to specify if you'd like a one-time callback, or a recurring callback service added to your plan (if available).
DreamPress 'Plus' plans include 3 free callbacks per month.
DreamPress 'Pro' plans include 5 free callbacks per month.
- Click Submit ticket when finished.
- DreamHost does NOT provide a call-in telephone number: all phone support issues are handled as callbacks.
- Callbacks cannot be made for numbers outside the United States and Canada.
- Callback are only provided in English.
- Callbacks cannot be made for Security or Abuse matters. In these cases, a full written record of all communications is required.
Disabling phone service
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'Billing & Account' > 'Manage Account') page.
- Under the section titled Service Plans you'll see the phone service listed.
- To the far right is a column titled 'Ends'. Click the 'Edit' link.
- From the dropdown, choose to end the service today or at the end of your billing period.