Support is mainly provided via email and Live Chat. However, DreamHost does have an option whereby customers can request a callback from technical support.
By default, callbacks are not included with any standard hosting package. You can, however, add three callbacks per month to your account for a nominal monthly fee. Support also offers a one-time callback feature for a fee as well.
The pricing options for callbacks are listed below and can also be found under the Uses dropdown:
- One-time only – $9.95
- Three callbacks every month – $14.95/month
Calls may be recorded for quality assurance purposes.
What hours are callbacks available?
Callbacks are available between the hours of 6am - 10pm PST.
Requesting a callback
If you cannot access your account, the only way to contact support is to use the online contact form:
From the dropdown, choose the option I can't log in to my DreamHost account.
- Navigate to the Contact Support page.
The following options appear at the top:
- Contact Support – Opens a support ticket
- Knowledge Base – Searches the DreamHost knowledge base for articles related to your issue
- Forums – Opens the DreamHost user forums
- Click the Contact Support box.
- Check the Request a callback? checkbox.
- Enter as many details as possible related to your current issue, including any domain name(s).
- Make sure to enter a phone number and a preferred time for the callback.
- Select a pricing option. If you already have a monthly callback plan, or your hosting plan includes free callbacks, you instead see your remaining uses listed here.
- DreamPress 'Plus' plans include 3 free callbacks per month.
- DreamPress 'Pro' plans include 5 free callbacks per month.
- Click Submit a ticket when finished.
- DreamHost does NOT provide a call-in telephone number: all phone support issues are handled as callbacks.
- Callbacks cannot be made for numbers outside the United States and Canada.
- Callbacks are only provided in English.
Disabling phone service
- Navigate to the Manage Account page.
- Find the phone service under the section titled Active Plans.
- Click the Manage button to the right.
- Click the Start Cancellation button to proceed with the cancellation process.