The preferred method to contact support is through email correspondence through your panel. Support can answer most questions you may have and provide links, examples, and so on that assist you in diagnosing an issue you're experiencing.
When contacting support, DreamHost's goal is for you to have as close to 0 wait time as possible - within one to two hours via email. However, a technician may not be immediately available to respond – please be patient as DreamHost support works to address your issue.
Creating a support ticket
If you cannot access your account, the only way to contact support is to use the online contact form:
From the dropdown, choose the option I can't log in to my DreamHost account.
- Click the Contact Support link or the blue conversation button in the bottom-right corner of the panel. DreamHost's self-service widget will launch.
- Enter your question along with any relevant details into the widget. You'll be presented with some potential solutions.
- Click the Talk to an Agent button if you cannot find a resolution to your issue via self-help. You will be redirected to the Contact Support page.
- Enter a descriptive subject and message describing your issue, then click the Submit a ticket button when finished.
Here are some things to remember when emailing DreamHost support:
- Always include your domain name (website name).
- Domain issues – Describe in detail what the issue is. Try to include specific details so that support can pinpoint the issue faster.
- Email issues – Include the email address you have an issue with.
- Login issues – Send the username and last two characters of your password, so support may verify if the credentials are correct.
- Database issues – Confirm which database is experiencing issues.
- Billing – Include which credit card, dates, amount, and any other details.
- Abuse – Include the address of the material in question.
If you don't already have an account with DreamHost, please use this contact form instead.
If you want to attach an image or file with your support request, submit your ticket in your DreamHost panel. The last page of the submission process allows you to add an attachment.
Alternatively, you can upload the file via FTP to your DreamHost server if you are already a customer. When submitting your ticket, explain exactly where you uploaded the file.
If you are not yet a customer or cannot use FTP to upload a file, many free websites allow you to upload it to their servers. You can then link DreamHost support to that file. Below is a list of recommended sites you can use to link a file: