A garbage email address is similar to a deleted or disabled email address in that it does not have an active mailbox to receive any messages into. The difference between the garbage email address and the deleted/disabled email address is that the messages sent to the garbage email address are deleted silently, whereas the deleted or disabled email addresses are rejected with a bounce notification sent to the sender.
When messages are sent to the garbage email address, the sender will not know that the message was deleted (which is what is meant by “deleted silently”), and the user of that garbage email address won’t see the message either since it will be deleted.
Creating a garbage address
- Navigate to the Manage Email page.
- Click the Create Email button.
- Select your domain from the Email Address dropdown.
- Enter the name of your new email address in the text box that appears.
- Select Garbage Email under Mailbox Type and click the Create Garbage Email button.