Support is mainly provided via email and Live Chat. However, DreamHost does have an option whereby customers can request a callback from technical support.
By default, callbacks are not included with any standard hosting package. You can, however, add three callbacks per month to your account for a nominal monthly fee. Support also offers a one-time callback feature for a fee as well.
The pricing options for callbacks are listed below and can also be found under the Uses dropdown:
- One-time only – $9.95
- Three callbacks every month – $14.95/month
Calls may be recorded for quality assurance purposes.
What hours are callbacks available?
Callbacks are available at all hours and can be scheduled from the next hour or later. Callbacks get prioritized in our queue.
Requesting a callback
If you cannot access your account, the only way to contact support is to use the online contact form:
From the dropdown, choose the option I can't log in to my DreamHost account.
- Click the Contact Support link or the blue conversation button in the bottom-right corner of the panel. DreamHost's self-service widget will launch.
- Enter your question along with any relevant details into the widget. You'll be presented with some potential solutions.
- Click the Talk to an Agent button if you cannot find a resolution to your issue via self-help. You will be redirected to the Contact Support page.
- Select a subject and your domain from the dropdowns. Your question from the self-help widget will be included under the description, which you can edit.
- Check the Request a callback? checkbox.
- Enter as many details as possible related to your current issue, including any domain name(s).
- Make sure to enter a phone number and a preferred time for the callback.
- Select a pricing option. If you already have a monthly callback plan, or your hosting plan includes free callbacks, you instead see your remaining uses listed here.
- DreamPress 'Plus' plans include 3 free callbacks per month.
- DreamPress 'Pro' plans include 5 free callbacks per month.
- Click Submit a ticket when finished.
- DreamHost does NOT provide a call-in telephone number: all phone support issues are handled as callbacks.
- Callbacks are primarily provided in English. If you prefer a callback in Spanish, please indicate so in your support request, and DreamHost will accommodate it if possible.
Disabling phone service
- Navigate to the Manage Account page.
- Find the phone service under the section titled Active Plans.
- Click the Manage button to the right.
- Click the Start Cancellation button to proceed with the cancellation process.