Google changed the name of its G Suite product to Google Workspace. See the following article for more information:
Canceling Google Workspace is permanent and cannot be undone. Make sure you wish to proceed before canceling your Google Workspace Subscription with DreamHost.
You may cancel your Google Workspace plan at any time after your 30-day free trial has expired.
Canceling your Google Workspace subscription with DreamHost ends your relationship with your Google Workspace account as purchased and managed through DreamHost. Google will contact you directly to establish billing with them if you'd like to continue your Google Workspace services independently of DreamHost.
Do NOT cancel your Google Workspace account to fix a problem
Do not cancel your Google Workspace account to resolve any configuration issues you're having with it. If you cancel, you will be unable to create a new plan, and DreamHost will no longer have access to help you resolve the issue you were experiencing.
Contact DreamHost support to resolve any problems you're having with your account. This is the only way to ensure your account is configured correctly.
Reasons to manage your Google Workspace account directly with Google
There are a few reasons why you may need to manage your Google Workspace account directly with Google instead of managing it through DreamHost:
- Upgrading to Google Workspace Enterprise: DreamHost does not currently support the Google Workspace Enterprise plan. If you require more than what the Google Workspace Business Plus plan provides (5 TB per user), you will need to cancel your subscription through the DreamHost panel, set up billing with Google, and upgrade to the Enterprise plan with Google directly.
- Enabling Paid Google Workspace Add-ons: Google offers additional services for Workspace that require you to be billed directly through Google (Google Voice, Cloud Identity, and so on). You will need to cancel your subscription through the DreamHost panel, set up billing with Google, and then sign up for any additional paid add-on through your Google administrator console.
What happens to your account when you cancel
The following occurs when you cancel your Google Workspace account in the DreamHost panel.
- Billing through DreamHost stops.
- Your Google Workspace account is transferred to Google.
- Google contacts you directly to establish billing with them.
- Your MX (mail) DNS records will stay pointed to Google in case you wish to set up services directly with them. If you would rather switch to DreamHost-hosted email:
- Navigate to the Custom MX page.
- Click the Edit button to the right of your domain.
- At the top, click the Make me regular now! button.
Steps to take before canceling
Before you cancel, make sure you've done the following:
Canceling your Google Workspace subscription
- Navigate to the Google Workspace page in your panel.
- Click the Manage Plan button to the right of your domain.
- Click the Cancel Plan button.
- Type in the word DELETE, then click Confirm to cancel.
A success message displays confirming your plan has been canceled.
Once canceled, you will receive an email with the following content.
Canceling your Google Workspace subscription with DreamHost ends our reseller relationship with your Google Workspace account. Google will begin billing you directly if you'd like to continue service with them - there is a short grace period in effect to ensure you don't experience any interruption in service.
At this point, you may choose to:
- Set up billing with Google to ensure uninterrupted service
- Upgrade to another Google Workspace plan
- Completely cancel your account
To take the next steps, log into your Google Workspace Admin Console:
For additional assistance, please consult Google's official help documentation:
Steps after you have canceled
After your Google Workspace plan has been canceled in the DreamHost panel, DreamHost technical support will no longer be able to assist with your account. You must contact Google and/or their documentation for any further assistance.
Setting up billing
You may continue to log in normally at https://admin.google.com to manage your account through Google. After logging in, make sure that you have set up billing directly with Google in order for your services to not be interrupted.