WordPress offers several different editors you can choose to edit your website. If you are using BoldGrid to create your site, the Post and Page Builder is recommended. This article gives you a quick overview of the following options.
Editing a page
- Log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the Inspirations tab in the left pane.
- Under Site Content, click the pencil icon to the right of the page you'd like to edit.
- At first, you are presented with the option to configure some settings. Click Okay, Let's Go!.
- Select the editor you wish to use. Your options are:
- Post and Page Builder — This is the BoldGrid editor (Recommended)
- WordPress Editor — This is the standard WordPress page editor found under 'Pages > All Pages'.
- Classic Editor — Similar to the WordPress editor, but with more options displayed.
- Default — Defaults to the Post and Page Builder.
- On the final step, click OKAY, GOT IT! to save your settings.
Choosing an editor
Post and Page Builder
As mentioned above, the Post and Page Builder is the BoldGrid default editor and is recommended due to its simplicity and easy access to tools.
You can switch to a different editor by clicking the dropdown titled Post and Page Builder.
Most options are hidden, but can be accessed by clicking on the different icons.
Blocks can be added on the top left, further options are to the right.
To change to a different editor, click the 3 dot icon on the top right. In the menu, under 'Plugins', you can switch to a different editor.
Similar to the WordPress editor, but with more options displayed by default.
Click the Classic Editor dropdown at the top to switch editors.