The following describes how to add an email account on an Android device using the Outlook app.
View the following articles for a list of acceptable server settings:
For a list of alternate mail apps, view the See also section at the bottom of this page. However, the settings are generally the same for any app you choose.
Configuring your email
- Make sure you have installed the Outlook app from the Google Play Store. Once installed, open the mail app.
- Press the Add Account button.
- Enter the email address you wish to connect to. In this example, the email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Press the Continue button.
- Press the question mark button.
- Select the Change account provider option on the menu that appears.
- The Choose account type screen opens:
- Choose which type of account you'd like to use under the Advanced section. IMAP is recommended.
- Enter the following under the IMAP / POP3 Incoming Mail Server settings:
- IMAP / POP3 Host Name – View the Email server name article to ensure you're using your correct mail server name. This should be either imap.dreamhost.com or pop.dreamhost.com.
- IMAP / POP3 Username – Your full email address
- IMAP / POP3 Password – The password of your email address
- Enter the following SMTP Outgoing Mail Server settings:
- SMTP Host Name – This should always be smtp.dreamhost.com.
- SMTP Username – Your full email address
- SMTP Password – Your password
- Click the checkmark button to complete the configuration.
Troubleshooting certificate mismatch errors
View the following article for instructions on how to resolve any SSL certificate mismatch errors: