The following describes how to use various HTML features in Webmail, including:
Enabling an HTML signature
Plain text emails are enabled by default, so if you have a signature that uses HTML (links, images, and/or formatting), you also need to turn on HTML for composing emails.
To enable this feature in webmail, click Settings > Preferences > Composing Messages, and then select "always" within the Compose HTML messages dropdown menu.
Creating a signature
DreamHost does not recommend using the Identities feature, as it typically does not work as expected. You need to make sure that the email address you use is the same one that you’ve logged into webmail with, as it will change the "from" setting. If you try to use a different identity when sending emails, your email will bounce and never reach the recipient.
- Click 'Settings' in the left pane.
- From the list, choose 'Identities'.
- From the list, click your email address.
- Add your signature in the window that opens.
- Click Save.
Hyperlinks can be added from the ‘Compose’ page.
To add a hyperlink:
- Create a new email message.
- Click the HTML icon at the top of the message window.
- Click the link icon.
- Input the URL you wish to link to, along with the text you want the link to display. When finished, click the Ok button to save your link.
Can I remove the DreamHost the logo from webmail?
Unfortunately, there is currently not a way to remove the DreamHost logo from webmail.
Can I use HTML to embed an image?
This is currently not possible. The only way to add an image is to create a new email.
Then click the HTML icon.
Click the image icon.
Finally, either input the URL of the image, or click the upload button to upload an image from your computer.
You can then input the link to the URL of the image.