The following describes how to use various HTML features in Webmail, including:
Enabling an HTML signature
Plain text emails are enabled by default, so if you have a signature that uses HTML (links, images, and/or formatting), you also need to turn on HTML for composing emails.
To enable this feature in webmail, click Settings > Preferences > Composing Messages, and then select "always" within the Compose HTML messages dropdown menu.
Creating a signature
- Click Settings in the left pane.
- From the list, choose Identities.
- From the list, click your email address.
- Add your signature in the window that opens.
- Click Save.
Hyperlinks can be added from the Compose page.
To add a hyperlink:
- Create a new email message.
- Click the HTML icon at the top of the message window.
- Click the link icon.
- Input the URL you wish to link to, along with the text you want the link to display. When finished, click the Ok button to save your link.
Can I remove the DreamHost logo from webmail?
Unfortunately, there is currently not a way to remove the DreamHost logo from webmail.
Can I use HTML to embed an image?
This is currently not possible. The only way to add an image is to create a new email.
- Click the HTML icon.
- Click the media icon.
- Finally, either input the URL of the image or media, or click the upload button to upload an image from your computer.
You can then input the link to the URL of the image.