It's possible errors may prevent you from logging in via SSH to your server instance. Below are some common errors.
Permission denied (publickey)
This error occurs most often because you are not specifying the correct private key when connecting. Remember, you can only have one Key pair per server instance. Make sure to check your DreamCompute dashboard to confirm you're using the correct private key.
How to locate the correct Key pair
You can find the correct Key pair name in your dashboard.
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'Cloud Services' > 'DreamCompute') page.
- Click the 'View Dashboard' button.
- On the left, click 'Compute'.
- From the dropdown select 'Instances'. Your instances are listed.
- To the right of your instance, look under the column titled 'Key Pair'. This is the name of the Key pair assigned to this specific instance. YOU MUST USE THIS KEY PAIR WHEN CONNECTING.
It's not possible to change the Key pair after the instance has been created, but you can always add a new Key Pair.