Subversion has been removed from the DreamHost panel. If you had previously configured Subversion on your domain, it will continue to function normally.
Subversion (svn) is a versioning and revision control system. Developers can use Subversion to save current and historical versions of their site files which allows them to keep old versions of files and directories (usually source code) as well as a log of who, when, and why changes occurred. Since the old versions of the site files are stored in a repository, previous versions of those files can be restored at any time.
Subversion is also a great tool that allows you to work on a development site while your current live site remains untouched. Once you have your changes perfected on the dev site, you can then commit them to the live site.
- How do I create a Subversion repository?
- How to connect to a Subversion repository
- How can I set up a Subversion post-commit checkout email?
- How do I load a dump file into my Subversion repository?
- Subversion considerations and caveats
- Troubleshooting Subversion
- Using Subversion for web development
- Versions of Subversion at DreamHost
- Set up a Git repository