This article explains how to disable DreamHost spam filtering on your domain.
Disabling the spam folder does not disable outbound filtering. If DreamHost's filtering system's algorithm detects potential spam from your email address, it will be returned to you as undeliverable. After reviewing the message, you may flag it as a false positive. If you are noticing this happening regularly, there may be ways to prevent this. See the following article for more information:
Disabling a domain's Spam filter
- Navigate to the Anti-Spam page.
- Click the Edit Filter button to the right of the domain.
- Click the Edit settings for example.com button to edit settings for the entire domain.
- Click the Change Filter Settings dropdown menu.
- Click the Proceed to Disable Filtering button.
- A final warning appears. Click Disable Filtering and Delete Allow/Block Lists.