Welcome to DreamPress!
The DreamPress Getting Started guide walks you through seven best practices to help you quickly get started in using its most common features.
1. Using the DreamPress dashboard
If you're new to WordPress or DreamPress, DreamHost wants to make sure everything is easy to find. There are two separate locations to manage your website and DreamPress hosting experience:
- the WordPress Admin Dashboard
- the DreamPress Dashboard
The WordPress Admin Dashboard
The WordPress Admin Dashboard (wp-admin) is where you can add and edit content and features on your WordPress website.
The DreamPress Dashboard
The DreamPress Dashboard is where you can manage hosting details for your website. This includes access to the server files and database that power your WordPress site, and added features such as easy backups and restores, as well as an automatic login to your wp-admin to edit your content. You can also access general DreamHost account management such as domain registrations (purchasing new domain names), billing, and additional services if you want more space or websites.
You can log in to your DreamPress Dashboard directly by clicking this DreamPress button.
2. Migrating to DreamPress
Here are links to a few options if you have an existing site with another web host and you want to move it to DreamHost:
- Have DreamHost migrate your WordPress site from another host (free)
- How to manually migrate your WordPress site from another host
- Log in to your DreamPress site using secure FTP
- Access your DreamPress database using phpMyAdmin
3. Setting up your domain
If you already registered for a new domain when you signed up, your domain name is already set up and working.
If you already own your domain name, here are the ways to make it live on DreamPress:
- Transfer your domain registration to DreamHost
- Point your domain name to DreamHost without transferring the registration
- Changing from a temporary domain name on DreamPress
- Domain not showing up yet? DNS propagation explained!
Still need a domain name for your site? Try DreamHost's Search Domain Names feature in your panel.
4. Creating a new site on WordPress
Are you building a new site from scratch on DreamPress? Are you new to WordPress? Here are some resources to help you get started:
Getting started with WordPress
- Creating an awesome WordPress website
- WordPress settings tutorial
- Introduction to Themes, Menus, and Plugins
- Packages, discounts, and other recommended resources
- Struggling to start? Explore DreamHost design services!
5. Setting up email
Did you know you can get personalized email addresses for your domain name at no cost with any DreamPress plan? You can provide professional and easy-to-remember email addresses that match your website instead of using a generic email address.
6. Using DreamPress features and performance tips
DreamPress includes many powerful features to enhance, speed up, and protect your website. Check out the following articles to learn how to take full advantage of your DreamPress service:
- How to create and restore backups
- What is DreamPress caching?
- How to check your site's caching for best performance results
- Changes not showing up? Learn how to purge your cache.
- Making a lot of changes? Learn how to bypass your cache.
- Performance-boosting tips to speed up your DreamPress site
- How to activate Jetpack Professional