Viewing your DNS records in the panel
You can review all of the DNS records that are set up for any site you host at DreamHost.
To view your DNS records:
- Navigate to the Manage Websites page.
- Open the DNS Settings page:
Scroll down to the bottom of the list of DNS records to view your nameservers.
This information is very handy if your domain points to non-DreamHost nameservers and you need to configure any or all of these records manually to point to DreamHost services.
If you are using DreamHost hosting services (including parking or a redirect of the site), and your domain is registered with DreamHost, you should use these nameservers:
As long as the nameservers are pointing to DreamHost, the records on your domain’s DNS page will be applied to your domain.
Confirming where your domain's DNS is pointing
The steps above confirm what your DreamHost DNS records are set to at DreamHost. However, this may be different than your domain's current DNS settings since they could still be pointing to a different company. View the following articles for more information on how to confirm where your domain and DNS are hosted:
You can also check where your domain's DNS records are currently pointed on the DNS Settings page.
- Follow the steps above under Viewing your DNS records in the panel to open your site's DNS Settings page.
- Click the DNS Checker button.
- The DNS Propagation Checker page opens:
- Click a record you wish to view and then click the Refresh or Go button.
The DNS Propagation Checker page allows you to instantly perform a DNS lookup to check your website's current IP address and DNS record information against multiple nameservers located in different parts of the world:
- Adding DNS
- Adding custom DNS records
- Editing or deleting custom DNS records
- How to clear your browser's cache
- whatsmydns.net — A popular site that checks DNS records around the world.